Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh...Let me update you on some things.

Heh...I write a post announcing that I decided to quit my job, write nothing about it for months, then leave you hanging because all I seem to do is write about my sex life or my emotional breakdowns.

After I wrote that post, I hung around my previous job for another month. Originally, the plan was to get a job while I was employed. Perhaps it was the stress of going through interviews while wrapping up some organizational projects, but I had a string of rejections despite getting some serious leads. In the end, I left that job in mid May, without any prospects nor a huge savings.

For a month, I was unemployed, getting appointments for interviews, and even took a two-week temp job just to get by. But in the end I received two job offers, both very compelling and enticing environments. I choose a position that was closer to home, and closer to my career goals.

Four weeks into my new job and already I feel like I belong. Everyone knows me, and I couldn't be happier with the fit in terms of environment and position.

I'm not making as much as I used to, but I can pay my bills, rent, and eat.

So I wanted to thank everyone who helped me along the way...M, my references, and some great recruiters who believed in me even though I found this job on my own.

No comments: